Tuesday, June 4, 2019

The Red Mage

Red mage refers to a class of wizard in Final Fantasy that can use the power of the elements to either wound enemies or heal allies. As a child, my best friend and I would play "Final Fantasy" and the read mage was his favorite job.

"The Red Mage" by Brandon Shaffer

Hazel eyes shine,
Shine from under a hat.
Under hat so abundant in fur.
Crying to me with the wink of an eye.

I cast down my defenses.
He approaches with ease.
My mysterious friend strikes a fanciful pose.
Lightning strikes the ground at his feet.

A small crater takes place in the soil.
The crimson wizard slams the ground with great force.
To the surface slithers a miniature serpent.
In the red mage's hand, it becomes petrified.

Fire,
Brimstone,
A crazed incantation.
Smoke rolls from his nose 
While red gleams in his eyes.
Fire bursts from his fingers,
Sparking the serpent.
The mage inhales deeply;
The apparatus does sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beware of Greeks Bearing Gifts

"Beware of Greeks Bearing Gifts" by Brandon Shaffer Due to my efforts to forgive an forget, I've been trapped in a ...