Tuesday, June 4, 2019

A Wolf in the Dollhouse


"A Wolf in the Dollhouse" by Brandon Shaffer

A wolf is in the dollhouse;
No one knows why.
Leaving no room for a mouse.
The fox we do try.

The fox, very unintelligent,
Places gold in our hands.
I, the centaur, wise and violent,
Watch our bag ever expand.

The wolf sends a wink.
He is finally done.
The fox's possession soon shrinks,
It is we who have won.

Or maybe it was the creator who won;
His hand reaching in to grab our small souls.
Swiftly the wolf and I spun
The fox seized through the large window hole.

We laughed and we jested.
I was us who escape.
Our luck has been tested.
We leave the window no longer agape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beware of Greeks Bearing Gifts

"Beware of Greeks Bearing Gifts" by Brandon Shaffer Due to my efforts to forgive an forget, I've been trapped in a ...