Tuesday, June 4, 2019

A Summer's Day


"A Summer's Day" by Brandon Shaffer

The sun was shining on my face.
I rose to meet its warm embrace.
There were several people making rounds.
There was a cacophony of nature sounds.

Water rippled here and there.
Wind caressed my soft brown hair.
A lone squirrel scampered up a tree.
How wonderful it is to be.

There's a summer's night to every summer's day.
As the night grows old, beauty shall stay.
Crass was vivid and green with age.
Around me hung sweet violet sage.

While sitting in nature I caught a glimpse 
Of Ronald and the friendly nymphs.
I greeted Ronald with a smile.
I'll spend some time with him awhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beware of Greeks Bearing Gifts

"Beware of Greeks Bearing Gifts" by Brandon Shaffer Due to my efforts to forgive an forget, I've been trapped in a ...