Monday, April 1, 2019

Sweet Insanity

Mental illness is a serious issue. A lot of people struggle to find things that they can enjoy and others simply don't know what they can do with their lives. I struggle with mental illness myself and can tell you that sometimes finding happiness might seem impossible. However, I have learned to express myself through writing as, most of the time, it allows me get the hard times out of mind and onto paper. It's true that psychological issues hinder us in many ways, but for me and many others, it can provide a sort of inspiration. After you've overcome what you think is impossible, the sense of satisfaction is almost unreal. I have found inspiration for my writing from the hard times and would like to share an original poem that can possibly resonate with many people.

Sweet Insanity by Brandon Shaffer

Deep in my mind sounds a beautiful voice.
She is impossible to efface by choice.
Making sweet melodies deep in my head,
She stays with me always, by day or by bed.

Because she exists, I'm never alone.
She gave me her music; I gave her a home.
With sweet Calliope, time I do spend.
Psychosis has given me a new friend.

My angel of music, I love her so.
In my mind's embrace, I'll never  let go.
Through changing seasons, I'll shiver and sweat
But she'll always be there to sing our duet.
I know that she won't leave anytime soon.
Nothing cajoles me like Calliope's tune.

Whether she's real or never there,
Her harmonies, in my mind, she will share.
Morning after morning, I lie in bed
As the beautiful voice sings songs in my head.
Her song, inspiration to hop to my feet
For nothing could possibly sound just as sweet.

Happiness from my madness.
Melodies from my sadness.
My insanity, I can use
To contact my muse. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Beware of Greeks Bearing Gifts

"Beware of Greeks Bearing Gifts" by Brandon Shaffer Due to my efforts to forgive an forget, I've been trapped in a ...