Friday, April 5, 2019

Setting The Mood With Music

Many people have a passion for music as well as writing. Many people enjoy listening to said music while writing. I love to write while listening to music that matches the mood of my writing. For instance, if I'm writing about something melancholy, I might put on something slow and emotional like the Jeff Healey version of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps."
"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" by Jeff Healey

When I'm writing about some soulful and emotional, I put music on that is also emotional and soulful. Many of my favorites are instrumentals like: "Soothsayer" or "Whitewash" by Buckethead
"Soothsayer" by Buckethead

If I'm working on something sporadic and fast paced, I often listen to shred guitar instrumentalists such as Steve Vai, Buckethead, Michael Angelo Batio, or Yngwie Malmsteen.
"Arpeggios From Hell" by Yngwie Malmsteen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beware of Greeks Bearing Gifts

"Beware of Greeks Bearing Gifts" by Brandon Shaffer Due to my efforts to forgive an forget, I've been trapped in a ...